Archivist (with curatorial duties)
Blair Castle lies at the heart of Atholl Estates in Highland Perthshire. The archive comprises the family and estate papers of the Stewart and Murray families, the Earls and Dukes of Atholl. It is housed in the clock tower, converted in 2012 to provide a humidity controlled store, office and a research room.
The post of Archivist (with curatorial duties) is responsible to the General Manager and has the following core duties:
* Care of the archive: cataloguing, answering queries both from estate staff and external researchers, implementing the modern records policy, conservation.
* Care of the collection and maintaining the digital database, arranging the conservation programme, managing loans from the collection and storage of reserve collection.
* Maintaining and mounting small displays.
The post is at present part-time, three days per week, but full-time work would be considered, including part-time castle guide, monitoring the historic fabric or other use of the candidate’s specific skills.
We offer a competitive salary, option of housing, company pension scheme and training. A full job description is available by clicking HERE. For an application form please click HERE.
For enquiries and to send applications: Jane Anderson, Blair Castle, Blair Atholl, Pitlochry PH18 5TL. Tel: 01796 481207. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Atholl Estates' Forestry Department manages over 10,500 acres of privately owned woodlands ranging from estate policies to commercial forests. We currently have a position available for a Forest Manager to join the forestry team, part of the integrated rural enterprises on the estate.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, pro-active individual to assist with a varied portfolio of forestry. The successful candidate will have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, communicate effectively with contractors and manage their own work load.
Responsibilities will include:
• Preparing Forestry Grants Scheme applications
• Preparation of Long Term Forest Plans
• Planning and supervising woodland operations
• Site survey and mapping
• GIS mapping
Ideally candidates should be Chartered or working toward Chartered status.
We offer a competitive remuneration package.
Downloaded an Application Form HERE. Please send CV and complete Application Form to Julian Clarke, Head of Rural Enterprise, Atholl Estates, Estate Office, PH18 5TH.